Friday 7 January 2011

Delicious Doodles - Something New!

Over at Delicious Doodles, to celebrate the New Year, the challenge is to "something new" - either to try a new technique or use something new!

Oh I did find this hard!  And I went and did something I should never do....I looked at what my other teamies had made.....bad idea!  There are some seriously fabby things over there...which, of course, made me panic!

 I had in mind that I would like to make a set - of some shape or form!  So, in my usual organised way, I chose an image, printed it out in a couple of different sizes and then....stared at it!
 Then I remembered a technique I wanted to try - embossing (yes I know I have done this before) but then using pigment mineral thingies over the top - to make it sheeny shiny!

This is the notepad and pen set. 


The inside of the notepad and pen set - and a little box - the flower has a centre which says "my favourite things" - same on the notepad.  
 And that little lot, with the card - which I didnt take a close-up of but is in the top picture on the right - left me with one image!  Well, waste not want not...I made a little bookmark to complete the set.


This is a closeup of the strip - shiny.

Please do pop over to Delicious Doodles and join in our challenge - you can win some rather nice images!

Thanks for popping over today!

Rx

PS!  Have also entered these in the following challenges who all have either anything goes, something new or 3d gifts!

 http://crazychallenge.blogspot.com/
Craft your passion
Kaboodle Doodles
Creative Card Crew
Fab 'n' funky
Simon Says Stamp
Fussy and Fancy

15 comments:

misteejay said...

These are lovely - so bright & cheery. I love stationery bits & pieces.

Toni :o)

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Love this little set Ruthie. I might have to give the shiny shimmery embossing technique a whirl. x

Teri said...

What a fabulous set hun! You did a great job with this lot!!

Allison said...

oooh these are all fabulous Ruthie
AllisonX

Maria Moorhouse said...

Fantastic set Ruth,lvely cheery colour too! xx

Darlene said...

WOWZA girl ... you've done such a beautiful job on this set! I love it and if I ever get the time will give it a whirl myself!!
Thanks for poppin' by my blog today and for your kind words on my Mom. And YES ... now I have a cold ... sweet husband likes to share everything ya know! LOL! Be back soon!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Wow this is just a fantastic set!!
Gorgeous colours & fab image

Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion this week, good luck! Hugs shell xx

Jill said...

Lovely project and a great image! Thanks for joining in with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week. Jill

Stephanie said...

Great goodies. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.

Kim Dellow said...

Fabulous projects! Kim

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

What a great little gift set! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week!

Chelsea said...

How cool is this, a bookmark AND a notebook. Wonderful job! Thanks for joining Fussy and Fancy! Stop back soon!

JustYolie said...

Cute images & lovely projects!

Cherie said...

Fantastic creations, thank you for playing along with Creative card crew.
Hugs cherie

Jane said...

What a cute set!! thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp, hugs, Jane xxx