Tuesday 15 June 2010

Fairy Bookmark

I needed a bookmark!  I have just started reading books for the book award we run - so much fun!  But I needed a bookmark - can't believe I have lost EVERY SINGLE ONE!  I know that I leave them in books I return to the library, so lets hope that someone else is enjoying using them!

I have to say a quick thankyou to Vicki (Scrap Junkie) who sent me over this image - saw it on her blog and just loved it so I asked her where it came from and she sent me a bunch of different fairies - all from colouring pages I think!

But isn't she beautiful?

This picture doesn't do the twinkly bits any justice at all (as ever)....there is mock stitching around the whole thing too!  Well, I guess if I tell you then you can peer closer (or not, as the fancy takes you!).  )h, and I thought the paper looked a little plain, so I got my sakura glazes out onto it!

I think that I can just about sneak this in for Sir Stampalot's Challenge which was to use a punch!  Honest....look at the bottom....yes, its tiny, but its there!!!  Ooooo - wonder if I can also claim the corner punch??????


thanks for looking

Rx

10 comments:

CraftyC said...

A beautiful bookmark and agree, the image is gorgeous!
Clairexx

Annette Bowes said...

Hi Ruthie, the fairy is beautiful, gorgeous book mark, try not to lose this one lol!

Annette Bowes said...

Hi Ruthie, couldn't find an email address just to let you know how I dried the lavender. I did mean to hang it upside down but in the event it dried out lying flat in the laundry. Wonderful scent when you walk in there. Took 2-3 weeks then the blossom just broke free and popped them in the little bags. Hope you are keeping well! Take CareX:)

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

Wow, that a great idea. I forget about bookmarks. The fairy is beautiful you did a wonderful job on her! that library dragon cracks me up!

brenda said...

Hi Ruthie

Your bookmark is great and I can imagine the sparke even if your picture did not show it.

Thank you for sharing with us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

B x

Emma said...

Aw such a gorgeous bookmark, the image is gorgeous.
So happy to hear your stamp arrived and you liked the card I sent you ;-)
Hugs Emma x

PinksyDoodles said...

Hi Ruthie,
This is a gorgeous bookmark. I am the opposite, I have loads of bookmarks now as I keep making new ones!
The image you have used is beautiful, she's one of my favourite fairies.
Thank you for entering the "Punch It" challenge at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x

pinky said...

I have used that image myself a few times and its totally gorgeous. Of course your punches count lol, a punch is a punch no matter what size. Thanks so much for sharing at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Francesca said...

A fab Creation , thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Ruthie, I love love LOVE this image!!! It is perfect for a bookmark. Beautiful job coloring!!!

Wendy