Thursday 11 March 2010

Is this bad????

Ok - so yesterday, I pootled off for a scan - abdominal cramps etc etc.  And lovely radiographer lady told me I had gallstones - lots of them!  Might have to have gallbladder removed etc etc.  SO - home I come and google gets to work....yep, looks likely.....simple op...keyhole....etc .....3 weeks off work.....hang on, what was that?  3 weeks off work!

And what did I think?  Ooooooooo loads of crafting time!  Is that bad?  Not the gallstones, silly - the fact that my first thought was how much crafting time I might get?

And - if they cant do it keyhole then they have to open me up....6 weeks!  Actually, I really do love my job, so would be sad to not be there for 6 weeks!  But 3 weeks sounds cool!  Well, maybe not 3 weeks - I mean, surely I can drive after 2?  And I could work from home....1 week sounds like a good amount of crafting time!

Rx

9 comments:

eiyiyi said...

Let me know when you are scheduled and I'll send you reiki before and I'll also send it to the surgery and after. Hope you can get it scheduled soon. I just hate the waiting! hugs to you, eileen

Unknown said...

Hi Ruthie,
Sounds like a perfectly logical thought to me hun. Can't see anything wrong with it at all!!! :)
Huge hugs
Dawn xxx

Dragonlady said...

Hi there

No it's not bad - it would be my first thought too. Second one would be hope I can still manage to look after the kids!!

HUgs Ali x

Annette Bowes said...

Oh Ruthie! Good to see you looking on the positive side lol all that crafting!! Just make sure you are stocked up with crafting supplies, if you can't drive for two weeks lol!! Take CareX:), p.s. good luck with the operation.

Wilfreda said...

Not bad at all. I'm almost jealous....almost :) Hope everything goes well. Will say a prayer.

Jana said...

Hopefully they can do the minor of the two surgeries. I had it done and felt capable of much more than I was allowed. You should have a great mandatory two weeks of play time. I'll say a prayer for you.

Carmen said...

Perfectly normal reaction :P We had to fork out £400 smackers for car repairs and MOT yesterday. My first reaction in the middle of Kwik Fit? 'ohhhh but the stash I could buy with that!'

Anonymous said...

Ohhh that does sound painful,and your remark of crafting time made me giggle!
I hope the can help you soon and hope you don't need major surgery!
I keep my fingers crossed for you!
Greetings from Stempelientje.

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

I think it is a good way to look at a bad situation...the gallstones can't be good but atleast they can be fixed! Hope all gets fixed soon and everything goes okay!