Wednesday 12 April 2017

Phew! Just like buses....

I'm not sure if this is a universal saying, but my blogposts are just like buses...you wait for ages and then three come along together!  

So, I realised that my card probably didn't meet the sketch criteria for Try Stampin' on Tuesday - so I thought I would have another crack!  


So, this time, I downloaded the sketch into my scan n cut and used that as the basis of the card front.  I have a friend whose daughter has just been accepted into a drama school to do her degree there, so I thought that I would go with a spotlight theme.  

I am still learning so much about this machine, so everything takes ages for me to do, but I am getting there (slowly!).  I started off cutting the design out of black card, thinking I would put yellow behind it - but the stripes were so tiny that it ripped.  So I thought I would do it the other way - but then realised that all the yellow pieces were separate and would be a nightmare to realign once they came off the cutting mat - cue the masking tape - I stuck it over all the pieces, took everything off the mat and then put glue on the pieces I wanted to keep - stuck it down, peeled the rest off and there you go!  

I'm chuffed I worked out how to make it work for me - and I think this is key with the scan n cut - it is fantastic and you just need to make it work for you and the way your brain works! 

I then got the machine to draw the sentiment and colour it in (and add the edging) and a quick scan in and I was able to cut it out with an offset line!  YAY! 

So this is being entered into the sketch challenge over at Try Stampin' on Tuesday *  And, also, it fits in with My time to craft* as well - no designer papers!  And Crafty Addicts* want to see a sentiment!

I WILL get there with this crafty lark!

Maybe.....

Hugs 



Ruthie x

4 comments:

Donna Scholz said...

Looks like you couldn't have met the sketch challenge more exactly than by scanning and cutting it, Ruthie! I've never heard to that particular machine, but the brand I own continues to defeat me every time I try to use it :-(

It was clever to take the sketch and make it as a congrats card for a new drama student! Perfect!!!

Thanks again for joining us at TSOT! -Donna

Pat said...

Great card, thanks for sharing at MTTC this week.

Pat xx

craftystamper said...

Sounds like a challenge within a challenge. I'm just beginning to learn how to use the scan n cut machine as well, so can understand your problem solving process. A great idea to make this a graduation card. Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday or not.

Fikreta said...

Your card is very beautiful !
Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts !
Hope to see you again.

hugs , Fiki
My little store: Crafty Kitty Cat Shop