Wednesday 12 April 2017

Having a play - not overly successful!

I saw a sketch challenge I liked...so I thought I would use my scan n cut to try and design a card for it.  All went reasonably ok...things cut out and drew as I wanted them to.

Then I saw another challenge to not use designer paper - wow, I thought, two for one - I can do that!  Yeah, well, not so sure I can!  

Out came the distress inks and off I went....hmmmm, looked a bit muddy - oh well, brighten it up with some gold methinks...hmmmm looks a bit nicer, but still everything is indistinct - go over it with some black pen doodles....okaaaay....ermmmm.  Maybe if I distress ink the sentiment to tie the front to the inside....hmmmm, looks a bit indistinct....lets go for black again!  

Oh you know those cards - the ones that you try to fit everything into....yep, well this is it!  The good news is that I have got a card that meets the criteria for two challenges...the bad news....this is the card....


So the two challenges are My time to craft - do designer papers*.

Well - it is all a learning curve! 

Have fun!  
Ruthie x

2 comments:

Donna Scholz said...

Ruthie - I LOVED your story about how your card came to be!!! I couldn't stop laughing, because many of my cards "evolve" the same way! You think you know where you are going when you start, but surprised when you get there with what you end up with! Believe me,,, I relate totally!!!

Thank you for sharing your card AND your story with us at Try Stampin' -Or Not- On Tuesday! -Donna

Deb said...

Such a totes relatable story Ruthie. thanks for sharing and making me smile :) Your background is gorgeous. You did a great job with it! Thanks for playing along at My Time to Craft
~DT Deb x